Create Your First Project
Start adding your projects to your portfolio. Click on "Manage Projects" to get started
Catholic United Financial
St. Paul, Minnesota
TMC is a continuing IT consultant for Catholic United Financial for WAN/LAN, telephony, hardware (servers, switches, etc.) CUF has a limited IT staff to support the corporate office, insurance sales division and 60 remote workers.
• Managed Services vendor not meeting corporate needs.
• Internet carrier failure with major outage.
• Legacy TDM-based phone system.
• Single integrated T1 with 16 voice channels.
• Outdated hardware.
• Migration to cloud-based applications with a limited data network.
• Off-site colo in inactive/cold standby state – not supporting corporate needs.
• Research, specifications and strategic budgets for multi-year technology refresh.
• Review of current conditions of LAN via site survey and staff interviews.
• Audit of telecom costs including PSTN and Internet, hardware maintenance,
• Survey cable infrastructure and LAN hardware; specifications, bid and project management for clean-up.
• RFP process for new WAN carrier for voice and data.
• Implementation of new WAN.
• RFP process for new managed services vendor.
• Budgetary information for voice communications system.
• Budget analysis for migration to Office 365.
TMC successfully achieved the following:
• LAN/server room/structured cable clean up in advance of new technology deployments
• Close down of colo (cold standby mode).
• New WAN carrier with fiber delivered service.
• Redundant carrier routes into corporate office.
• Increase of bandwidth from 1.5M synchronous to 50M cable async.
• Remained budget neutral including 666% increase in bandwidth and double voice capacity.